2021 CLAREMONT COLLEGES 1-DAY SOCCER CLINICS
Jointly hosted by Pomona-Pitzer and Claremont-Mudd-Scripps Women's Soccer Programs
Open to rising juniors and seniors in high school interested in playing women's soccer at the college level. Due to limited capacity, we will only have 2022 and 2023 grads at our summer clinics.
2021 Summer Dates
*Saturday, July 17 (9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m., registration/check in 8:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.)
*Sunday, July 18 (9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m., registration/check in 8:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.)
Wednesday, July 27 (9 a.m. - 3:45 p.m., registration/check in 8:15 a.m. - 8:45 a.m.)
*these are separate sessions and require separate registrations (no overnight housing or meals provided)
$100/session (includes clinic t-shirt, lunch is not provided)
|Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Register early, maximum of 30 participants
Waivers to complete and bring to clinic:
Medical Treatment Authorization
Questions about the clinic, contact Jen Clark at CMS
and Taylor Reifert at PP:
DUE TO COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS AND PROTOCOLS, WE ARE LIMITING THE SIZE AND FORMAT OF OUR SUMMER CLINICS. THERE WILL LIKELY BE ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS BUT WE WILL CONSTANTLY ADAPT TO STAY IN ACCORDANCE WITH BOTH STATE AND OUR UNIVERSITY POLICIES. SOME THINGS TO BE AWARE OF:
- Campers will be responsible for bringing a full water bottle with them to camp.
- Masks may be required.
- We do not know at this time whether parents will be allowed to stay and observe camps.
- Meals are not provided with camp but there will be supervision through the meal time.
- A health screening on the day of camp will be required
- At this time no vaccination or proof of negative covid test is required but this may change and we will give you plenty of notice if it does change.
Typically, registration fees for our clinics are non-refundable. However due to the fluid nature of the COVID-19 public health and travel guidelines, we understand the need for flexibility. Refunds will be issued in the event of a change in the status of the clinic and/or a participant experiencing COVID symptoms, a positive COVID test, or exposure to COVID. If you are not able to attend for a different reason, we will transfer your registration fee to a future clinic date. We expect to hold clinic dates in the fall of 2021 and winter/spring of 2022.
As enrollment in the clinic sessions is limited, we ask that you communicate with us immediately if you will not be able to attend so we can offer a spot to someone on the wait list.
PLEASE REVIEW DETAILS BELOW
- Coaching staff representatives from both Pomona-Pitzer and Claremont-Mudd-Scripps will be in attendance at all sessions
- Our sessions and activities will be held entirely on the Claremont McKenna campus and CMS athletic facilities
- Registration will be limited to 30 players maximum for each session
- We are not able to include tours, lunch or a panel/Q&A session. Suggestions for lunch options and self-guided campus tours will be provided.
- Participants need to bring cleats, shin guards, sunscreen, and a filled personal water bottle.
- Our Sports Medicine staff will continue to monitor the latest CDC, NCAA, state, local and college guidelines for safe group athletic activity. Masking and social distancing will be required whenever possible throughout the day. Health and safety priorities will dictate our final protocols and information will be updated and communicated to participants before clinic dates.
- As it currently stands, parents will not be allowed to stay and watch the training sessions. COVID protocols will continue to be reviewed and revised over the summer, so this may change. We will update attendees on final logistics and protocols closer to the clinic date.
For the most current set of COVID protocols for CMS-hosted clinics, please go to this link
Completed waiver forms will be required for participation. Forms are located underneath the registration links above.
8:15 – 8:45 am - Check in (near Roberts Pavilion entrance)
9:00 am -11:00 am - Field session #1 (CMS facilities)
11:00 am – 1:15 pm – Break (LUNCH ON YOUR OWN, self-guided tours of campuses and village)
1:30 – 3:30 pm – Field session #2 (CMS facilities)
3:30 – 3:45 pm – Cool down and final thoughts